Some of the stocks that may grab investor focus today are:
- Wall Street expects Constellation Brands, Inc. STZto report quarterly earnings at $2.6 per share on revenue of $2.25 billion before the opening bell. Constellation shares declined 0.11 percent to $210.52 in after-hours trading.
- Barnes & Noble, IncBKS announced Wednesday afternoon it has appointed a Special Committee to review strategic alternatives. The company said it’s received interest from “multiple parties,” including company chairman Leonard Riggio, who has pledged to vote his shares in favor of any transaction the special committee recommends. Barnes & Noble shares gained 22.34 percent to $6.68 in the after-hours trading session.
- Cloudera IncCLDR disclosed that the company will merge with Hortonworks Inc HDP. Hortonworks shareholders will receive 1.305 common shares of Cloudera for each Hortonworks share. Cloudera shares climbed 23.54 percent to $21.10 in after-hours trading, while Hortonworks shares jumped 23.17 percent to $26.95 in the after-hours trading session.
- Analysts are expecting Costco Wholesale CorporationCOST to have earned $2.36 per share on revenue of $44.27 billion in the latest quarter. Costco will release earnings after the markets close. Costco shares fell 0.05 percent to $233.09 in after-hours trading.
- Rudolph Technologies IncRTEC lowered its third-quarter adjusted EPS guidance from 30-40 cents to 22-25 cents. Rudolph shares tumbled 11.98 percent to $21.09 in the after-hours trading session.
- Pier 1 Imports IncPIR reported weaker-than-expected results for its second quarter. Pier 1 Imports shares dropped 8.45 percent to $1.41 in after-hours trading.
- Analysts expect SMART Global Holdings, Inc. SGHto post quarterly earnings at $1.66 per share on revenue of $369.22 million after the closing bell. SMART Global shares declined 1.23 percent to close at $28.93 on Wednesday.
- Acasti Pharma IncACST reported a common stock offering. Acasti Pharma shares dipped 11.48 percent to $1.08 in the after-hours trading session.
- Resources Connection, Inc.RECN reported better-than-expected earnings for its first quarter. Resources Connection shares climbed 19.29 percent to $19.60 in after-hours trading.