Some of the stocks that may grab investor focus today are:
- Trovagene, Inc. TROVdisclosed that William Welch has resigned as Chief Executive Officer for personal reasons. The company named Dr. Thomas Adams as interim CEO. Trovagene shares gained 1.73 percent to $0.82 in the after-hours trading session.
- Wall Street expects Carnival Corporation CCLto report quarterly earnings at $0.6 per share on revenue of $4.33 billion before the opening bell. Carnival shares rose 0.72 percent to $63.99 in after-hours trading.
- First Defiance Financial NASDAQFEDFreported a two-for-one stock split payable on July 12 to shareholders of record on July 2. First Defiance Financial shares fell 0.01 percent to $63.90 in after-hours trading.
- General Electric CompanyGE is nearing a deal to sell industrial-engines unit to private equity firm Advent International, The Wall Street Journal reported. GE shares fell 0.15 percent to $13.03 in the after-hours trading session.
- Education Realty Trust, Inc. EDRagreed to be acquired by Greystar-led fund for $41.50 per share. Education Realty Trust shares gained 1.04 percent to close at $40.83 on Friday.
- XpresSpa Group Inc XSPAreported the resignation of its CFO Anastasia Nyrkovskaya. XpresSpa shares dropped 7.87 percent to close at $0.41 on Friday.