Some of the stocks that may grab investor focus today are:
- Steelcase Inc. SCSreported better-than-expected earnings for its second quarter. The company issued strong Q3 and FY19 earnings guidance. Steelcase shares jumped 16.41 percent to $18.80 in the after-hours trading session.
- Micron Technology, Inc. MUreported upbeat earnings for its fourth quarter, but issued weak guidance for its current quarter. Micron shares dipped 7.06 percent to $42.81 in the after-hours trading session.
- Pier 1 Imports Inc PIRreported weak preliminary earnings results for its second quarter. The company expects Q2 loss of $0.64 to $0.62 per share and comparable sales to drop around 11.4 percent year-over-year. Pier 1 Imports shares dipped 17.13 percent to $1.50 in the after-hours trading session.
- Western Asset Mortgage Capital CorpWMC reported a 6.5 million share common stock offering. Western Asset Mortgage Capital shares dropped 4.51 percent to $10.80 in the after-hours trading session.
- United Natural Foods IncUNFI reported weaker-than-expected results for its fourth quarter. United Natural Foods shares tumbled 10.19 percent to $30.40 in the after-hours trading session.
- Opiant Pharmaceuticals IncOPNT reported a $4.6-million contract to accelerate development of OPNT003 for the treatment of opioid overdoses. Opiant Pharmaceuticals shares climbed 7.14 percent to $24.00 in after-hours trading.
- Avino Silver & Gold Mines LtdASM disclosed a common stock offering. No size of the offering was disclosed. Avino shares fell 7.36 percent to $0.73 in the after-hours trading session.