PreMarket Gainers & Losers To Watch
- Another Musk Email Leak Continues To Hint At Possible Record
- Tesla shares closed higher Wednesday after a second leaked email from CEO Elon Musk alluded to strong deliveries, but with a caution about an ongoing delivery crunch.
- Online publication Electrek obtained an email from Musk to employees that said demand for the company’s electric vehicles could produce an all-time second-quarter record.
Translation Of Mueller’s Legalese, For Non-Lawyers: CNN
- Mueller’s statement came after a nearly two-year-long investigation into Russia’s attempted interference in the 2016 election and whether the President, or anyone close to him, had obstructed that probe.
- Mueller’s words on the charge of collusion between the Russians and the Trump campaign, there was “insufficient evidence to charge a broader conspiracy.”
- China Says US Trade Provocations Are ‘Naked Economic Terrorism’: WSJ
- Provoking trade disputes is “naked economic terrorism”, a senior Chinese diplomat said on Thursday, ramping up the rhetoric against the United States amid a bitter trade war that is showing no signs of ending soon.
Notable Earnings and Guidance
- J.Jill (JILL) Q1 EPS $0.29 Beat $0.17 Estimate, Sales $176.5M Missed $180.04M Estimate
- Dollar General (DG) Q1 EPS $1.48 Beat $1.39 Estimate, Sales $6.623B Beat $6.56B Estimate
- Sanderson Farms (SAFM) Q2 EPS $1.83 Beat $1.44 Estimate, Sales $845.23M Beat$842.96M Estimate
- Bitauto Holdings (BITA) Q1 EPS $0.25 Beat $0.17 Estimate, Sales $407.5M Beat$356.07M Estimate
- Tech Data (TECD) Q1 Adj. EPS $2.04 Beat $1.97 Estimate, Sales $8.406B Missed$8.46B Estimate
- Goldman Sachs upgraded Citigroup (C) from Neutral to Buy..
- JP Morgan upgraded Penumbra (PEN) from Neutral to Overweight
- Bank of America downgraded Teva Pharmaceutical Indus (TEVA) from Buy to Underperform.
- UBS downgraded Verizon Communications (VZ) from Buy to Neutral.
- Bank of America initiated coverage on HUYA (HUYA) with a Buy rating and a $26 price target.
- Roth Capital initiated coverage on Atara Biotherapeutics (ATRA) with a Buy rating and a $30 price target.
|08:30 a.m. USA Pending Home Sales (MoM) 08:30 a.m. USA Real Consumer Spending 08:30 a.m. USA Corporate Profits (QoQ) 08:30 a.m. USA GDP (QoQ) 08:30 a.m. USA Goods Trade Balance 08:30 a.m. USA GDP Price Index (QoQ) 08:30 a.m. USA PCE Prices 08:30 a.m. USA Wholesale Inventories (MoM) 08:30 a.m. USA Jobless Claims 4-Week Avg. 08:30 a.m. USA Continuing Claims 08:30 a.m. USA Initial Jobless Claims 08:30 a.m. USA Core PCE Prices 10:30 a.m. USA EIA Natural Gas Inventories 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Distillate Inventories 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Distillate Output 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Gasoline Production 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Heating Oil Stockpiles 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Gasoline Inventories 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Cushing Inventories 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Crude Oil Imports 11:00 a.m. USA EIA Crude Oil Inventories 11:30 a.m. USA 4-Week Bill Auction 11:30 a.m. USA 8-Week Bill Auction 12:00 p.m. USA FOMC Member Clarida Speaks 03:00 p.m. USA Treasury Department Report 05:30 p.m. USA API Weekly Crude Inventories|